The Latter-day Saint (Mormon) Experience
I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the Christian church often known by the confusing nickname of “Mormon.” For years I’ve been digging into some of the most interesting and challenging aspects of the Latter-day Saint (LDS) faith, and sharing my findings and views on my Mormanity blog and also here. I feel that the Church has tremendous value for people who are seeking to understand the purpose of life, to strengthen their relationship with God and Christ, and to live happier, more meaningful lives. Sure, that sounds good, but what about all the challenging questions you may have heard? There are answers, in many cases, or perhaps at least some different ways of looking at the questions people raise. I hope my thoughts and the resources I share might be of help to those who are members of the Church trying to understand their faith, as well as those of other faiths seeking to understand a little more about who we are and what we believe.
Much of what I have written is in the form of my “Mormon Answers / LDSFAQ” pages.
Also be sure to look at my Mormanity Blog.
Additional LDS articles here on the WordPress section of JeffLindsay.com include:
- Avoiding Temple Blindness: Tips for Latter-day Saints on Appreciating the Ancient Aspects of the LDS Temple
- Hebrew Wordplays in the Book of Mormon Text: Possible Evidence of Ancient Origins
- Isis and Maat in Facsimile 3 of the Book of Abraham: A Horrific Blunder by Joseph Smith?
- The List Against “The List”: My Recommended Reading List for Serious Students of LDS Religion
- The Problem of Evil, Or, We Are All Statistics Till the Conflict Is Over
- The Rod of Iron: A Double in Dublin? Appendix for “The Great and Spacious Book of Mormon Arcade Game”
- Walt Whitman as the Source for Lehi’s Dream and More?
- Book of Mormon Geography